Why this website?
Consider the following:
- Over the years, thousands of unscrupulous entities have defrauded the investors or have broken the economic laws of the land. The practice continues.
- Investors have lost confidence in the market consequent to a series of mishaps.
- In many cases, though penal regulatory action has been taken against such entities, the information about such actions lies scattered and is in a difficult-to-access, difficult-to-use format.
- Defaulters keep reappearing to harm the investors again, often with changed company names or by floating new companies/ schemes, encouraged as they are by inadequate deterrents.
- Unregistered and indicted intermediaries abound, and investors suffer at their hands.
- Regulatory action is reactive and rarely compensates the investors.
- Absence of any organized database prevents regulators and investors from taking any pre-emptive action.
- NRIs are a further disadvantaged lot, far as they are from the market and the regulators.
- On the whole, investors feel cheated and helpless, and have become over-cautious. As a result, the capital market and the economy are suffering.
- The best defense against frauds is self-defense.